Friday, February 4, 2011

Two Meltdowns

I just experienced my first day of meltdowns from BOTH kids  It's day 85 of our school year, so I think I'm cool with that even though I would have loved to avoid it altogether!  To be completely honest, the 5 year old can meltdown about anything at any time.  Yesterday, she started crying because I wanted her to take off her red "Chinese New Year" apparel to put on something warmer to go out in the snow.  She not only cries, she does that whole crack in the voice thing.  It's quite the event!

My son, however, usually zips through school with no problem.  If anything gives him trouble it's writing, but today science made him break.  As tears welled up in his eyes, I said, "Timothy, you need a break."  And when I told him to go lay on his bed (no playing legos) and come back when he was ready, he just said, "Thank You."  Even kids sometimes know their breaking point.  He was gone for about 10 minutes and came back ready to restart the day!

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

It's the February curse! :)