Sunday, February 6, 2011

Football Books

Since I am an avid football fan, my children get plenty of "drive-by" knowledge because they live in my home!  I knew I didn't need to make a big deal out of teaching the Super Bowl, but just to reinforce the fact that anything can be learned through books, I picked up a couple of football books from the library.

This first book pictured is a simple picture book that has about 10-15 words on each 2-page layout, giving fundamentals of the game while showing pictures of youth playing football.

Let's Play Football! (Pebble Plus)


Let's Play Football!
by Jan Mader
Interest Level: PreK-2
Reading Level: K-1
Capstone Press


This second book was a perfect chapter book for my son to read independently.  This book includes rules of the game and descriptions of each position.  He loved it!
The Illustrated Rules of Football (Illustrated Sports Series)

Illustrated Rules of Football
by R.L. "Buddy" Patey
Illustrated by Patrick T. McRae
Reading Level:  Ages 4-8

No comments: