Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What You'll See Here...

I never expected to homeschool my children.  I was always open and willing, but never thought it would be part of my life experience.  And yet now it is a huge part of my life, and I am loving every moment of it (well most of them)!  In the weeks and months to come I plan on sharing different parts of this journey.  The topics will range from, but not be limited to:
  1. My specific story-Why did I decide to homeschool?  How did I pick curriculum?  Has it been an easy road?  What kinds of mistakes have I made? 
  2. Book reviews-I love reviewing books because I love reading.   Reviewing gives me a chance to contemplate what I've read!  I'll be reviewing curriculum and any children's books that I use in class.
  3. Daily schedule-This won't take up many blog posts, but it's something that interests me about other homeschool families, so I thought I would include it!
  4. Retailer Spotlight-This will include actual companies that produce or sell homeschool curriculm and also companies that a homeschooling mom would find "homeschooling friendly".
  5. Personal anecdotes-Mostly, these will be the precious things that my kids say.  Some will be about homeschooling itself and some will be the "light bulb" learning moments I get to observe because my kids are having them right in front of me.
If you are reading this and thinking, "Wow, I wish she would talk about __________" please let me know!  I would love any feedback as to what would make this blog interesting to anyone who takes the time to read it! 

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

I am THRILLED that you enjoy homeschooling. I always thought you would!! :)